Facebook

Please see my Facebook page - John Wright @ Facebook, com

Facebook

Please see my Facebook page - John Wright @ Facebook, com

Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Support Small Churches and other Places of Worship

I have made it clear that I am not religiously dogmatic. I really don't care as much about what folks believe as what they do. I really don't care a lot if folks go to Church at all. Some find it a pleasant thing to do. Some get more spiritual charge out of sitting alone outside or hanging out with friends and family.

But, if you do wish to go to a church, mosque, temple, or whatever do yourself a favor and avoid the big gatherings. In spiritual matters, small is often better.

I have been to mega-churches and found them lacking. There are just too many people crammed in together, too mush loose, unfocused energy. And, of course, too much of a big business vibe. Believe me, business is the operative word.

Small churches, and I am going to assume that the same holds for temples, mosques, etc., have a close, warm feeling. Folks have time and space to get to know each other. The Ministers get to know the parishioners. You can take time after the Services to chat, instead of trying to get to your car to beat the traffic.

There are some things in this life that are best when small and quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment