Facebook

Please see my Facebook page - John Wright @ Facebook, com

Facebook

Please see my Facebook page - John Wright @ Facebook, com

Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Plants and Consciousness

I said that I would write about the consciousness of plants. Few think about this and I will say that theirs is a radically different consciousness than ours, but, it is there. I will give one story that illustrates why I know this is so.

Once, at a place I worked, One of my jobs was installing new plants (it was at a condo in S. Florida). I had some nice zinnias started and it was my time for a weeks vacation. I told 2 of my co-workers to make sure they got water because they were in a spot the sprinklers didn't reach. I figured if I told them both, at least one would remember.

Well, I was wrong about that and, had we not had a couple of brief little showers that week, my flowers would have been dead. As it was, they were limp, browning and almost done for. Now, the day I came back was a rare day in S. Florida in that there was no wind, and as usual, it was very hot. I took one look at the zinnias and grabbed a 5 gallon bucket and filled it with water. As I approached the plants, and keep in mind there was not the slightest breeze, they began shaking and swaying, as if there were a 15 mph wind. They knew I was bringing water and they were excited.

Plants have awareness. I know this. So, remember, when you are tending your gardens or when you're walking in the shade of trees, they are aware of you, so show a little respect.

No comments:

Post a Comment