Facebook

Please see my Facebook page - John Wright @ Facebook, com

Facebook

Please see my Facebook page - John Wright @ Facebook, com

Friday, December 16, 2016

Formal Religion

I hope that any reading these musings do not get the idea that I am against formal religions. Personally, I think more in terms of spirituality, but I am in no way against structured beliefs, those common to standard religions.

Some people benefit greatly from the structure of the accepted belief systems and that is fine. I enjoy some of the trappings of the various Churches. The ceremony and ritual is lovely and, when done right, is very moving.

My argument with the formal religions is the dogma, the unbending form. The words and ceremonies of Churches are but signposts, pointing toward the Essence, the Reality. They are not what they are pointing toward. They sometimes lose track of that.

At the same time, any time you are traveling a highway, it is a huge help to have those signposts. They can save you years of wondering around in the wilderness.

Just do not mistake the sign for the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment