Facebook

Please see my Facebook page - John Wright @ Facebook, com

Facebook

Please see my Facebook page - John Wright @ Facebook, com

Thursday, December 29, 2016

It's New Year

The New Year is here and I have never understood the big deal. Christmas, Easter, Thanksgiving, those all have a spiritual significance, even if is simply a way of keeping traditions alive. The same can even be said of the Fourth of July and Memorial Day.

I have to say the meaning of Labor Day escapes me. I know, it is a celebration of America's workers, but no one remembers that now. I suppose it does give everyone a last summer blowout.

But New Year is nothing but the changing of the calendar. The few traditions associated with it mostly concern alcohol, parades and football. I always figured you can drink any day, watch football from September through January until it is coming out your ears, and I am not a huge fan of parades.

I believe that everyday can be a celebration and any get together, whether it be lunch with a friend, dinner with your family, or breakfast with the usual crowd at the Waffle House. Any get together can be a party, if you have the right attitude

Spiritual renewal must be tied into the physical renewal. To separate them is like trying to eat cereal without milk. Such renewals need to occur at least on a daily basis, often several times a day.

Okay, now that I have finished being grumpy, let me wish everyone a very Happy New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment